Thursday, February 28, 2008

Looking for a few good men...

...to watch 'No Country for Old Men' on Saturday night, March 15th @ Winklepleck Cinema. That's right, as part of our (Tom, Brian, myself... and you?) ongoing Guyz Nite that has so far watched HD-classics such as 'Hot Fuzz' and 'Sunshine,' and awesomely bad movies such as 'Cobra' and 'Big Trouble in Little China.'

Pretty typical of such events has been pitching in a few bucks (so check under those couch cushions!) for pizza and drinking whatever beer is in our fridge since Jaimie and I don't. If you're like myself, don't worry - there's also fruity drinks and soda. Also a requirement is being a male (no fe's, sorry) and being able to enjoy awesome action and often violent films.

Why this movie you ask? If winning three Academy Awards including Best Director and Best Picture isn't enough, how about a plot outline of "Violence and mayhem ensue after a hunter stumbles upon some dead bodies, a stash of heroin and more than $2 million in cash near the Rio Grande." If that doesn't get your blood pumping or your heart racing, you're already dead.

As for all you lovely ladies, a little bird told me that Mrs. Sexton will be offering refuge that night. Maybe further details will be posted at the Sexton's blogspot in regards to the female fiesta at Casa de Sexton. As for all the young dudes, kick off will begin between 7 or 8 PM beginning with the ritual ordering of the pizza. Contact me if you're coming, or forever wish you had!

14 comments:

The Dorrs said...

iwannago

Jd

Samantha said...

HEads up- my husband isn't putting the pizza on his credit card again, so don't even ask him. Someone else can do that.

also, ryan, Lost is great! Thomas and I watched something like 12 or 14 episodes last weekend, which I'm a little embarrassed by but it is so intense. The music and some of the characters actually scare me, I don't think I could watch it alone.

Samantha said...

HEads up- my husband isn't putting the pizza on his credit card again, so don't even ask him. Someone else can do that.

also, ryan, Lost is great! Thomas and I watched something like 12 or 14 episodes last weekend, which I'm a little embarrassed by but it is so intense. The music and some of the characters actually scare me, I don't think I could watch it alone.

Anonymous said...

I guess Sam is really serious about tom not putting the pizza on the CC. She posted it twice.

The Winkleplecks said...

Okay, we'll have him put it on his debit card next time... *ducks*

You do know why he's always asked to do it right? It's also the reason why no one else can do it.

Lost only gets intense-er, let me warn you. But season 2 is ready when tom and you are.

Anonymous, if you're a guy, I plan on seeing you there/here! I won't post it twice, but I am also serious when I say that. Maybe we'll put it on your CC this time? Your billing name is still Anonymous A. Anyone if I recall corrrectly...

Samantha said...

i seriously didn't mean to post it twice! i didn't even realize it did until I looked here again! Don't make fun of me! Or, I'll steal his wallet!

Anonymous said...

Big Hairy Balls

The Winkleplecks said...

Or BHBs for short.

Anonymous said...

What about SHBs? Don't discriminate.

The Winkleplecks said...

Ha, well all HBs are welcome on the 15th. However, due to the rating of the movie, must be H. Hopefully there will be as many known people as there are anonymous ones.

Anonymous said...

i remember i saw ryan's BHBs once, it was incredible let me tell you words can't even describe what beauty they have shown to me. it reminds me of drinking tea for some reason.
DB

Anonymous said...

whoever drinks tea is a homo with SHB's

The Drakes said...

No Country is awesome. If I had no baby I would come watch it and shout shit at the screen. Such as: "Oh No he id'nt gonna take that money!" or "I told that fooh not to sit in front of the door knob!" or "Oh shit! he gonna blow up that car so he can get medical supplies and fix his shot up leg!" Think of me when those scenes pop up! Cheers, KD$
PS - If you were watching there will be blood I would just shout over and over again "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!"

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.