Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Early Gift...

'Tis officially the season, and as an early gift I offer the first and possibly last post of the month. Not only that, but probably the last post of 2007 at the rate that I've been posting. As always, my deepest apologies for my lack of updates. There's not really an excuse seeing as we've been on break for the past couple weeks. Nonetheless, I return bearing Christmas cheer and my usual mix of random and weird, or simply just weirdom.

Since Christmas is merely days away, I figure that be as good a discussion to start as any. Even before we were out of school, Jaimie saw fit to decorate a Christmas tree. In honor of all her hard work, I offer a glimpse of it in all its glory...

Lately we've been preparing by also watching Christmas films. While Jaimie and I may have different views of what are classics (her family watched 'A Christmas Story,' mine watched 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation') we have been able to watch some together. However, since this is Ryan writing - I'll stick to some of my favorites, in no particular order. (Note: you won't be seeing 'White Christmas' on this list, but rest assured it would be on Jaimie's.)

1. Die Hard - "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."
2. Gremlins - Who doesn't want a Mogwai for Christmas? Just don't give them water or feed them after midnight and you'll be fine...
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Explains a lot about me doesn't it?
4. Home Alone - If you were born in the 80's, this better be on your list too. Keep the change ya filthy animal!
5. Batman Returns - Before Schumacher tarnished the franchise and Nolan brought it back, Burton was Batman.
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Also does double duty on my Halloween list.
7. Love Actually - Yeah I like it, so what!?
8. Elf - It's rated PG, stars Will Ferrel, and is very enjoyable.
9. Scrooged - Murray's so good, there's probably a film starring him on every one of my Holiday movie lists.
10. Trading Places - What can I say, I like comedies...
Honorable Mention: King Kong.

Be sure to share your favorites, or any that I missed, in the comments! Or don't, and I'll look like a weirdo who blogs to himself (similar to someone who talks to themselves, bluetooth headset or not). I won't go into detail regarding New Years Eve movies, but suffice to say Ghostbusters II would certainly be on the short list.

In addition to preparing for the holidays, Jaimie and I have also been working more as well. Oddly enough, I tend to work during the day and Jaimie at night. Tonight for instance, I'm writing this post while Jaimie closes at Togo's. While I'm saddened that Heroes (and many more shows) have ended early for the season, I've been coping so far. Unfortunately for some of you, such time has not be spent in the blogverse. I often intend to post, and have numerous ideas for articles. For example, here's some "posts that could've been" from this past week:

1. Recommendations on where to buy AV cables (MonoPrice), such as HDMI cables and why HDMI is the new composite.
2. Boys vs. Girls in board games - the challenge, the debate, and the question that's been lingering since elementary school: who would win?
3. Wyld Stallyns
4. Tech-niques - Blue Screens, Screen Sharing, Sharing and Streaming...
5. Misc. Home Entertainment opinions.

I may revisit that first and last idea and eventually turn them into real posts, that is assuming that our #1 fan 'anonymous' is feeling that idea. As for now, I think I'll start wrapping up this post. Before I go, I wish a rad Christmas to all, and to all a Gnarly night. Celebrate to the max!

4 comments:

B.S. and Mrs. S said...

Love Actually...LOVE IT!
White Christmas - Its on my list too Jaimie... :)
Elf - soooo funny!
What about classics like rudolph?? HELLOOOO the claymation movies rock!

Does Chewy not attack those gifts under the tree? Everything I put under the tree Max automatically thinks is his present and he needs to unwrap it...

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful life, most def

andando said...

I like #2 boys vs girls...try and figure it out and get back to me.

andando said...

PS...that last comment was Ruby not Andando.