Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yo-Yo Ma...

It's Ryan back at it... ONE... MORE... TIME! With that introduction, I continue onto the meat of this post. You have heard, or likely read, by now that we are indeed moving. The major date and time being this Sunday, July 13th, starting at about noon. So far, we've got some people on board to help - mostly just with the heavy lifting. The plan is to rent a U-haul to try to get as much done in one trip as possible. Although there will likely be a couple trips for smaller/more-fragile items, hopefully we can get the big stuff moved and set up on Sunday.

Currently we began painting some rooms in our new place (primarily the living rooms) and hope to finish up as much as possible tomorrow night (so if you'd like to help, give Jaimie or I a ring-a-ding-ding). The reason for finishing up so quickly is so that it will hopefully be complete by Friday when the carpets get cleaned pro-style. In between all this is the slow process of packing up things in preparation as well as working.

As for the place itself, let me put it this way: by helping us paint and/or move, you get a sneak peak at it. Otherwise, we'll post some pictures once everything's set up and really looks winkleplecked. Also, it's worth mentioning that our new place will be - wait for it - in North Albany... yeah, I know... but it's a nice place and has some great fields to enjoy. I'm sure we'll adjust to the 20-minute commute quickly enough, but after living so close to everything for a year it'll take some getting use to.

This is just some of the news, but there will be more to share soon, very soon. In closing, I will remind those who don't want to help paint or move can still help party at Brian and I's joint shindig this Friday, July 11th, 8:00 PM at Sexton's Bar and Grill (minus grill).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah yeah yeah....post pics of the new place when it's all spiffy! I love pictures!

The Guy and The Girl said...

I dare you to not rent a uhaul and use our 2 trucks. i cant help for a short while because its abby's b-shower. call Phil. bye

The Drakes said...

sorry we couldn't help, but looking forward to you living closer to salem - come for a visit :) -- j

Anonymous said...

WE WANT PICTURES OF THE NEW PLACE...NOW!

Tristan said...

I'm interested to know if you only winklepleck homes, or if this courtesy is extended to other things such as cars, children, or food items. I'm excited to see the pictures. If I wasn't so busy, I'd have made the short drive over to help. With love, Mr. Florida