Friday, August 13, 2010

Just because

I have recently started cooking real dinners, Desmond is a little older now and it is easier for me to have time to prepare dinner. I have been expanding my choices for meals as well as making up my own recipes instead of following one, which has turned out okay... I still need practice. I notice that when I am looking a recipes in books it tends to cost more to make the meal because I have to go out and buy everything for it but I figure once I start cooking more I will have most everything I need on hand for future recipes. I am also learning to use the same thing for different meals which also saves a TON of money. I have also come to the realization that I need to shop at Cubbies (AKA: Winco), I HATE shopping there, it is always busy and you have to pack your own bags and you always feel rushed when packing your bags because there is always someone behind you. I also really dislike the produce and meats at Cubbies, which means shopping at more than one grocery store, which would be fine but with a newborn it is not so fun lugging the car seat in and out of different stores luckily (knock on wood) Desmond is really good at the store and usually falls asleep, I think he enjoys the motion of the cart. :)

Here are a few pictures to share of Desmond, he is growing SO FAST! I am still trying to move him into his room, part of the hold up is because he is still not constantly sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. He'll do 4 hours stents one night and 5 another and then back to 3, although the other night I did get one 6 hour yay! The other part of the wait in putting him in his crib is because I am not ready to have him not sleep next to me, it is scary for me because his room is on the other end of the house by the front door and his window is right next to the neighbors back yard and they are so loud (collage students) and they smoke so I don't feel comfortable leaving his window open but it is kind of a must in the Summer when the temperature is so high. Anyways back to the pictures.

Kill the Binki!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That would be hard having his room so far away. I would just have him sleep in a bassinet in your room for a while. Cub Foods is way cheaper.. I don't know why so many people don't like it. That's all we ever shopped at! Although then we went to the Coop for produce which is more expensive but much better.

Cute pictures, he is soooo adorable!!