Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update

It has been a LONG time since I last blogged, so I am back! My goal is to start blogging more since I am a stay at home mom for a while and I might have time to now, that is if Desmond decides to start taking longer naps anytime soon :) So here's the updates, starting with Desmond's birth.

It all started June 14th at 1 am, my contractions were about 25 minutes apart, so I didn't really get to sleep starting at 1, I decided that by 6 am trying to sleep was impossible so I got up to eat some cereal. My mom was here visiting so that she could be here for the birth. I told her about my contractions and a couple hours later we decided to go for a walk to try and get things going a little faster. By 4 pm my contractions were about 5-6 minutes apart and we called my doctor and she told us to come on into her office so she could see how much I was dilated. So Ryan, myself, and my mom hopped in the car and drove to the clinic, I was 3 cm, so Dr. Morcos said I can either go home and labor there for a little longer or go to the hospital, I decided on home. We got home and I labored for a little longer, my contractions felt like they were getting more intense and closer together so we headed to the hospital and checked in around 6:30 pm. When I was checked in and settled the nurse checked me and said I was 4 cm, ONLY 4!! So Ryan called Abby and let her know what was going on and told her to come anytime, I think she got there around 8 or 8:30, but I have no idea really because I was in my labor zone and time did not exist.
By 3 am I was still having contractions and I was EXTREMELY tired being up since 1 am the previous day, Dr. Morcos came and checked me and I was 6 cm, I started to have a break down because I so just so tired and decided to get an epidural so I could try and get some rest before the time came to push. The doctor came back in around 4:30 or 5 am and checked again to see how far along I was, 10 cm YAHOO!! She told me I could start pushing or wait a little longer, I decided on pushing, after a couple pushes and the nurse trying to tell me how to push correctly, the nurse said that if I turned off the epidural I might be able to feel how to push correctly, so I did, 2 hours with the epidural was just enough for me to rest and have a little more energy to push. So I pushed, and I pushed, and pushed, and then at 9 am my doctor had to leave for a meeting, so Dr. Card had to take over, and at 9:29 am little Desmond Lee greeted the world with a little kick on his way out of my belly. He was 8lbs 8 oz and 20 inched long, big boy! :)

It was long and hard, but it was so worth it, and I don't think I could have made it through the labor with out the help of my mom, Ryan, and especially Abby, she was AMAZING, thank you Abby!
Desmond is now 7 weeks old, he love to eat, go on walks, poop, and sometimes sleep, we are still working on the sleeping part. He is an amazing little boy, and already has his own personality.

1 comment:

The Guy and The Girl said...

yay thanks for the update!!!!! Nice work lady, your little guy is awesome! Tell Ryan I really want to hear about the birth experience from his perspective too! You're readers are hungry for more pics!