Monday, November 26, 2007

So sick of being tired...

And oh so tired of being sick. Fear no more frightened bloggers, for thou noble and valiant knight of thee blog table hath returned more charming than ever. No more so than ye prince of thieves whom I wish a belated but very merry birthday, 25 years olde.

As I fast forward to the 21st century, I will count the reasons/excuses/etc. as to why I have not posted since the medieval ages (resulting in a dark age of blogging without me right?). Before I falsely build up my ego on further lies, the main reason of my e-absence is that I have been suffering from a cold that refuses to die. As the last of it subsides, this post may be the final thing to suffer.

Another reason is the chaos that builds up during holidays such as Thanksgiving and peaks on Black Friday, which often finds me in the red. A final reason is that I just lacked a juicy story to blog about. You know me, I don't give you the purple stuff - I reach deep inside and pull out the Sunny D.

That leads me to a new segment which I will tentatively call the 'Link of the Week.' This week, I've spent more time than I want to admit at Retro Junk. If you grew up in the 70's, 80's, and/or 90's then you owe it to yourself to check out this site and spend some quality time strolling down memory lane. It's almost as good as if Doc Brown himself threw you in his DeLorean and gunned it to 88 miles per hour. Next stop, Hill Valley - October 26th, 1985.

It's now time for the lightning round. Here I have one run-on sentence to explain what all has happened in the past week, so here it goes. I watched the third to last episode of Heroes which has only been getting better as the abbreviated season draws to an end, I enjoyed Tribes: the Thanksgiving edition, I spent Wednesday resting and progressing further in my completion of Ratchet and Clank Futures for the PS3, on Thursday I celebrated Thanksgiving with the in-laws which included intense Scene-It action that I wish I had captured on tape, (Black) Friday followed up with crazy deals and sales that are easily avoided through participating in The Advent Conspiracy, Saturday saw Woodstocks and bringing HD to the Mellens, while Sunday was spent overcoming sickness and preparing for dead week, and finally that brings us to today. Whew, what a cyber-mouthful.

For an intermission, I have a request for our readers between this post and my next one (whenever it be published, argh matey ahoy).  If you have linked to our blog on your blog yet we have not returned the favor, I ask that you tell us what's what so that we may add you.  It has come to my attention that the number of blogs created continue to grow exponentially, and as hip as I am - I'm not always in-the-know.  I thank you in advance and will now continue to post. 

Now onto some Q & A. Our question this week comes from the Hurts, as much as it pains me to say (ha get it - pains, Hurts - I crack myself up). Before we get to that however, I will add that if you've got a question you'd like to see answered, feel free to leave it in the comments. By doing so, you're not only ensuring more posts from me seeing that I will have something to actually blog about, but also gain my limited-insight into the topic. Continuing on, in the comments from my last post on November 5th, 2007 B.C., the following was raised...
Q: what EXACTLY are they [the writers] striking?
A: Good question, to which there are many answers. A good explanation can be found in this short video that is both clear and concise for those of you with limited time, while another good resource if you would like to find out more and have more time can be found here. However, if it's a blog you're looking for (and who isn't these days?) I recommend this one.

Finally, I leave you with this unique explanation of the writer's strike. It may even be fitting to say "here's your moment of zen."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesssss....he is BACK!!!

peteandjenn said...

Welcome back Ryan, we missed you.

Anonymous said...

Winki....I watched both those videos...nice picks. I feel badly for those writers and completely support their strike considering i am one of "those" who watch their shows on the internet.

The Dorrs said...

RYAN IS BACK!!

All is good in the blogosphere.

Beka

Unknown said...

That was a long one!