Sunday, September 9, 2007

Camping Episode III - The Return of the Winkleplecks...

Before I begin the ending of our camping adventure that was roughly a month ago, I just wanted to thank everyone who left Jaimie a supportive comment in my previous post. She is doing better, and at the moment continuing her recovery at Togo's. Also, we made it to the final episode of Friday Night Lights - Season One, and if you liked the movie by the same name or just football movie's (whether it be Rudy, Varsity Blues, or Remember the Titans, to name a few) then this show is right up your alley. Think of it as one of those movies, times ten. One last thing regarding my unintentional plug, I only say all this because as a show without cliffhanger endings to each episode, it's pretty rare for me to enjoy a show such as this. By that I mean a show that you wouldn't find being promoted at Comic-Con. As I slip into my fictional fantasy narrator voice and without further ado, I present the exciting conclusion of our camping trip...

At the close of our previous chapter, dark clouds were brewing above readying themselves to unleash a world of rain upon us campers. Although much of this downpour was slept through, the aftermath was noticible the following morning...

Slippery When Wet...And in Oregon, when it rains - it pours.

Baby baby babyYet Jaimie persevered with optimism, even striking a post of what appears to be a scene from Alien.

Life is a HighwayWhile Ryan, who often refers to himself in the third person, had his morning improve while driving down his favorite stretch of road due to the amazing line of sight and distance of it that can be seen. This road would also lead our travelers to breakfast and their final stop together on this adventure.

Gun RackWhat better place to eat than a place that has vintage guns hanging on every open space along their walls? That was a rhetorical question with the answer being 'there is no better place to eat.' I don't know how else to describe the place but to say that it had many guns that would necessitate an entire rack, unlike Wayne.

Pan This!One last image from our breakfast spot and overall journey. I like words of wisdom like I like my hash browns - on a pan. Then again, I ate what I usually eat... cereal.

*roll credits*

How was that for an ending? I personally enjoyed the final word being 'cereal,' it was either that or 'rosebud.' I hope you all enjoyed the saga as well. Then again if you didn't, the good news is that it's over and I hope to have an exciting post lined up for tomorrow. Until then, don't touch that dial.

2 comments:

B.S. and Mrs. S said...

Ryan - you should get your picture taken now with Pippen in your sweatshirt...then youguys would have matching Alien pictures and you know how cute that is. :)

Jaimie hope you're feeling better at Togos - managing all your employees butts and putting them in LINE!

Samantha said...

Can I borrow Friday Night Lights? Thanks.