Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's the final countdown...

Mad MunchiesThat's right, after weeks of anticipation (month's for some) it's almost time for... college! What did you think I was going to say? The Heroes Season Two premiere? Well then, you should be correct because that is way more worthy of anticipation. As you can see in the picture above that accompanies this post, we are almost fully prepared. The final pieces to our puzzle include a super hero, I mean secret, desert and brewskis for the crewskis. Also not shown in the picture is the Togo's catering which includes Italian, Turkey Avacado, Turkey and Cheese, and Turkey/Roast Beef and Cheese sandwiches. Considering that it's enough to feed 12, and we only received about eight RSVP's, people will either eat really well or we'll be set for a few more people. Since it's less than 24 hours until the Party (with a capital 'P'), I'll just remind everyone of the basics. First, you should try to arrive around 7:00 PM although we won't start eating until 7:30 PM or begin watching anything until 8:00-ish PM-ish. Also, doors will be closed at 9:00 and not re-open until 10:00 as people depart. If you can make it before 9:00 though, then I double dare you to come. Otherwise, you'll feel like this kid.

In other news, I apologize for not blogging in a while. In addition to it being a busy week as school draws near, I also wanted my previous two posts to get plenty of traffic and viewership before bumping them down with a new post. I'm glad to see the responses to both, especially my last one. For sake of secrecy, I won't say anymore but awesome comments everyone! We'll be in touch... As for Jaimie, she's been suffering from the cold that's going around. The good news is that it appears that she is recovering just in time for her first class at 8 o'clock in the morning.

Since my mind is drawing a blank at the moment on what topic to touch on next, although I'm sure the minute I post this I'll be swarmed with things I wish I would've included (which means you can likely expect future posts sooner rather than later). For now, I'll close with a scene from tonight that Jaimie wanted me to share after Samantha blogged about a month ago. Tonight while picking up some 21+ drinks, the cashier asked for our ID's. If you just laughed, I should inform you that we haven't reached the punchline quite yet. As we handed our cards, I jokingly asked the cashier (an older women) "Do I not look like I'm 35?" Her response, "no, you look as old as my grandson and he's 13! Okay, maybe [you look] a little older because of your scruff," which at this point she pointed to my attempted-goatee. The moral of the story, next time someone doesn't believe you're 18 - just be glad they don't flat out tell you that you look 13! At this rate, I might as well be Rip Van Winklepleck and sleep for 100 years, then when I woke up I might actually look 22.

Jaimie just called so as all you husbands know, that means it's time for me to go. I'll post in a few to share how the premiere and classes went. You stay classy, Corvallis. I'm Ryan Winklepleck?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I love your blogg-esk skills. and you are ryan winklepleck...

Unknown said...

Ha ha...that was kind of rude of the 21+ drink lady!

B.S. and Mrs. S said...

thanks to you...I have "its the final count down...dodo do do, dododododo, dodo doo doo, dododododo" stuck in my head. :)

SEE YOU TONIGGGGGHT!

Anonymous said...

Great party tonight...sorry we had to leave early, I think bets had a little too much to drink (no one checked her ID)...I love your place and I love you winkleplecks!

B.S. and Mrs. S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B.S. and Mrs. S said...

Ryan I am jealous of you for a number of reasons: a) Your blogging skills are superior to mine, for example, you use links like nobodies business. b) Your entertainment system beats all others. c) Looking 13 has its perks, I don't know what they are, but I am sure they are there.
Brian

The Guy and The Girl said...

I want to formally compliment you on your fine use of hyperlinks. well done.