Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Daybor...

Labor day may be a holiday from work, but not blogging. Then again, I thought I had work today until I showed up to campus and realized it was closed. Since I was already prepared for work this morning, Jaimie and I decided to make a day of my day off (unfortunately not a night as well since she is at work as I write this).

There were two types of days we could have enjoyed. The first being very similar to our weekend, finishing up the final episodes of Heroes: Season One. The other option being to head westside to the coast, Newport style. Knowing us, you would probably guess that we chose the former, and I wouldn't blame you. If you guessed that today and this was a gameshow however, you might hear a "buzz" for that is incorrect.

The coast, while fun by ourselves, may be more fun with others. For this reason, we decided to ring up our totally rad siblings-in-laws; Tom and Samantha. After attempting to expand our crew even further, we filled up the car with people and it's tank with gas and headed west.

The ride allowed us all to build up healthy appetites, which we responded to upon arrival. To fulfil our craving for lunch, we ate at the Chowder Bowl at Nye Beach. At this point you may be asking yourself "why not Mo's?" The answer being that Tom and Samantha raved about this house of chowder, and for good reason. Though I prefer the atmosphere of the Lincoln City or Devil's Punchbowl Mo's, the service at the Chowder Bowl was much quicker. In addition, the food was just as good if not better (garlic cheese bread springs to mind). Overall, I enjoyed my meal of cannonball chowder. In fact, it's safe to say we all enjoyed our lunch.

While at the beach, it's also a good idea to actually go to the beach. Below are some captions and images of such...

The Sister-In-LawsLook at those shiny happy people, having a grand time despite the fog.

Very ProfessionalThis photo was taken by me using a cutting edge effect that I call "Tom's hand." The effect is light-years ahead of it's time...

Beachin'Here's my attempt at being photographartsy. Honestly though, I just like the fog variance.

Boats 'n' BridgesI felt like such a tourist taking this picture, but I had to get a shot of the boats, bridge, and especially that sky.

Hiro Nakamura?Given the past weekend and the remainder of tonight, I couldn't resist snapping this photo and posting it.

For the record, work and the first season of Heroes are my reasons for slowing down the postings as of late. Fortunately, Jaimie churned one out this weekend in my absence. The good news is that after averaging a disc per day, we now only have two episodes left to go. It's fair to say that I haven't been this hooked on a TV show since the second season of Veronica Mars. In addition, I have not anticipated a new season as much since Veronica Mars either. I guess it's only fitting that she (the actress at least) will be guest starring in a few episodes as well. Other than both of them being very addicting shows, they are quite different from one another. In closing, I will say that if you have not checked out the first episode of Heroes yet (available in both SD and HD on Xbox Live for free, and on iTunes for $1.99) then run, don't walk, to do so. After an episode or two, I have a feeling you won't regret it!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

that picture of Jaimie and I is really good. Maybe I'll frame it. Ha!!

B.S. and Mrs. S said...

Hey guys!!! Can't wait for Heroes! Heck yeah!! Although...Brian and I probably should brush up on Heroes History - if your up for lending out season 1 - we've definitely got some bargaining chips (house, xfiles, etc....) if you wanna SWAP.

Sorry we missed the beach - I'm really bummed now. We were grouchy about Kelly not leaving...you know how it goes. Glad youguys had FUN! Super cool pictures! Its like youguys are professional photographers!!!

K - here's the end of my super long comment! Love youguys!

Unknown said...

Fun days in sunny yet windy/foggy Oregon. It is beautiful though!

The Dorrs said...

Can i borrow Veronica Mars? Pretty please?!

beka

The Dorrs said...

Artsy Fog!

jake