Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Big day for the big Apple, and I don't mean New York...

Well dudes and dudettes,

Yesterday I was unable to post regarding this but now that it has sunk in, I'll give it a go. Apple Inc. introduced some new and unfortunately-expensive goodies. Among which included new iMacs, Mac Minis, and software. My budget limits me at iLife '08, but I'll give iWork's demo a spin. The new iMacs look gorgeous, excluding the glossy screen with no option for matte (you iCreative types will feel this pain much more I'm sure). The new keyboards are quite different, and the main inspiration for this post.

I personally prefer the old keyboards to the new ones, especially on the wireless side. The new wireless keyboard lacks a number pad and isn't a full size keyboard (see picture below). Unfortunately, the old full-size bluetooth keyboards w/numpad are being phased out. For this reason, I decided to surprise the Mrs. with a wireless keyboard since she's been wanting one for a while and who knows how much longer the full-sized ones will remain. If you also were hoping to snag a full-sized wireless or old-style apple keyboard for your new (or old) Mac, it seems now would be the time. They currently can be had at the OSU bookstore (~6 wireless ones left in stock) or online at Apple's refurb. page (stock unknown). Below, I'll post some pic's that can hopefully make sense of what I just said. If it's all just technobabble to you, then disregard this post.

OLD Apple Bluetooth KeyboardNEW Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
(C) ABCMagazin.Ro, (C) Apple Inc.

Thanks for your patience, especially those of you who hate tech and/or Apple. I'm just posting on what I know, I felt inspired to share. Now that I have, my next inspiration is to see Hot Rod at Regal, any takers?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool blog...lets be friends!

Unknown said...

Hey Ryan....I don't know anything about what you just said...but you'll be proud to know that we purchased our first mac today in Pasadena!!!! We are so cool now!

Anonymous said...

wait...what?!