Friday, August 17, 2007

Extremely Exciting Excuse...

Dear fellow Blog-o-sphere,

Sir Winks-a-lot here, posting a little diddy 'bout Jack and Dianne before I head off to the great outdoors. I can't say much about the camping trip I'm about to embark on now, because it's currently in the future. Once it's in the past though, I'll aim to post a recap. For now I will tell you that I am going with the in-laws to the Metolius River for a few days of fresh air and (most likely) fishing.

As for this past week and the obvious drought of posts, I have one excuse and one extremely exciting piece of news. Much like the saying "I've got some good news and some bad news," I'll begin with the excuse.



For the past week while at home and while Jaimie was closing at Togo's, I've been engulfed in the new Stranglehold demo for the (xbox) 360. Already being a huge fan of the film Hardboiled (I recommend adding it to your queue) and its signature John Woo action, I was pretty excited for the game. After playing the demo, it heightened my excitement even more. While having this affair with the demo behind the blogs back, I decided to return some love to the blog. However, if you have a 360 or know someone who does, I also recommend downloading the free demo on Xbox Live. If gaming's not your thing, then watching Hardboiled will suffice. If neither is your thing, then you need to get your heart checked because it should be beating hard and fast after such doses of quality Hong Kong action.

As for the news that is extremely exciting, at least to me, is that I should be able to enjoy Halloween for the first time in years this upcoming October 31st. The reason being that I ordered some tickets for Jaimie and I to see Matt Nathanson in Portland. I can't expand much further since it's quite some time from now, but my excitement is still bursting at the seams in anticipation. To find out why I'm a huge fan, or to find out if you may be as well, I will leave you with a video of a single from his new album Some Mad Hope. Also check out my favorite song from the new album "Come On Get Higher." Hope you all enjoy it and I look forward to writing to you all when I return early next week!

No comments: