Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Some News is Good News...

I'm going to interrupt the regularly scheduled post of this past weekend's camping excursion to bring you these breaking news stories that brought a grin above my chin.

First - according to Variety, my favorite TV star (or starlet) of recent years Kristen Bell (aka Veronica Mars) was added to the cast of Heroes as a guest star in a reoccuring role. You and I should be able to catch her this October when her character's story arc begins. If you don't know who she, or what Veronica Mars, is then you are officially missing out. However, if you are in-the-know, then you can understand why this news is quite exciting to me. In honor of the announcement, I'm thinking of having a 'premiere party' if anyone would be interested (?) even though it does land on the first night of school for us college folk. On a final note and for the record, Hayden Panettiere has got nothing on her.

(Heroes Season 2 Premieres Monday, Sept. 24th @ 9:00 PM PST)

Secondly, the war between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD has just intensified, and suprisingly in my favor considoring that I do not yet own a Blu-Ray player. The big news here is that Paramount and Dreamworks Animation (who's recent blockbusters include Transformers and Shrek the Third) each declared exclusive support for HD-DVD, at least for the next 18-months. The bad news of course being that this format war is still far from over and it's still too early to call a winner, but I'll continue to root for the underdog. To personalize this for fellow geeks, this also means that Heroes, Battlestar Gallactica, and Star Trek will be exclusive to HD-DVD. Meanwhile, it appears that Lost and Star Wars will be Blu-Ray exclusives.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what most of that stuff means....but once again you've won me over in being a daily subscriber to the Winklepleck Blog!

The Dorrs said...

I'm a closet Veronica Mars fan...I just discovered it this past season...and was sad that i missed the previous ones and that it ended!

beka

Unknown said...

You have been tagged...check me out!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Veronica Mars!!!...and I am not afraid to say it!...love, denny